Thursday, December 21, 2006

Lessons I'm Learning ...

1. There are a couple of things that matter in ministry, no matter what issue or style we're obsessing over: we have to be faithful to God's word as we best understand it and we have to love people.

2. A theology built to accomodate postmodernism is just as worthless as one built to accomodate modernism.

3. Being missional means reaching the culture we're in, not the culture we wish we were in; and it means being pastors to our people, not just being pastors in our heads.

3. Friends matter, big time. Keeping connected is important ... I'm not that great at it so far.

4. It's important to learn and/or create the rhythms of your life ... if you don't have any, you'll be in rough shape. (Work w/o rest makes depressed person.)

This is a significantly lacking list, but I'm tired. I need to go bed. More later, I think.

No comments: